T1200 will not start (air filter got wet and came apart)

Dale in Kansas

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / T1200 will not start (air filter got wet and came apart)
So, my air filter got wet (son thought water was a good way to clean the air filter). When he tried to start it, some of the air filter came apart and got sucked in. I replaced the filter... won't start. I pulled the carburetor to look for debris and found nothing. Replaced the plug and checked for debris, nothing. Now I'm at a loss on where the paper could be stuck. Pretty sure it's an air flow issue. Fuel lines work. Replaced fuel filter. Any help is appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Under a valve usually .
Pour 1/2 teaspoon of fuel down the plug hole & try again
If it fires & runs a bit you might need to do this 1/2 dozen time before it gets burned / blown out
You will probably need a couple of spark plugs as well
Did you drain & clean the carb?
Slide it off, leave the fuel line on & blow air through the carb
Compresses air, leaf blower hair drier etc
Atomised fuel mist should come out the other side
Do this for a minute or two then put you hand in the flow & check for droplets of water

Dale in Kansas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Under a valve usually .
Pour 1/2 teaspoon of fuel down the plug hole & try again
If it fires & runs a bit you might need to do this 1/2 dozen time before it gets burned / blown out
You will probably need a couple of spark plugs as well
Did you drain & clean the carb?
Slide it off, leave the fuel line on & blow air through the carb
Compresses air, leaf blower hair drier etc
Atomised fuel mist should come out the other side
Do this for a minute or two then put you hand in the flow & check for droplets of water
It's a side mount carburetor. I did pull it all the off and stick my finger into the head. I will try the fuel in spark plug hole tomorrow and see if that works.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Despite the carb being on the right side of the engine, the actual intake valve is on the left, right above the exhaust
You might nee to take it off & clean it out as well .
Not a difficult job but it does require removing the blower housing & coil and on some models the auto choke system so take photos if you go that route so you can put it back together the way it was and do not overtighten the 2 x 1/16" bolts that hold the manifold to the head .
I have found all sorts of things stuck down there from feathers to mice .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Let's slow down here. Could have water in the cylinder from the washing. Get rid of the water and paper. Shop vac, compressed air, long needle nose or a USB inspection camera. Remove the valve cover. Look behind the valves while rotating engine over.