T1000 blades not engaging

crazy charlie

Threads
Older T1000 Craftsman 42" with Kohler motor.Hosed her down last week and now she wont engage cutting blades.Everything else seems fine.I see what looks like an engagement switch under the lever inside the console and I am assuming its going to need to be changed.I tried the button on the switch with a screwdriver but no engagement.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

crazy charlie

Threads
Holy moly!!!! no one has ever had this ???? Charlie

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) T1000 means absolutely nothing to anybody other than the sales rep who sold the mower
For a tech to offer help we need the full model and even the serial numbers from the tag under the seat

2) I can not visualize what you are describing , I can not even work out if it is a manual PTO & you are talking about the safety lock out switch or an electric PTO and you are talking about the electric switch.

Remember we have nothing to go on but the words you posted and if they make no sense whatsoever very few will bother to respond because they like me have no idea about what is happening apart from the fact you have a problem with your mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes we the model number off the serial tag.

But I can tell that it is a manual PTO as I destroy one about 4 yrs ago here that had a blown engine. Parted it out.

crazy charlie

Threads
Hi guys,I jacked the mower up and lubed everything I could see and I mean everything.Since I had it professionally serviced last year
I assume something underneath got clogged/stuck.After the excessive lubing ,the engagement lever seems to be working fine as it used to.Its my first riding mower so I dont know if the engagement lever should be as hard to shift as it is.It takes a pretty good lift and push up to get it locked into position.Half the time the knob comes off in my hand.Ant suggestions or advice is welcomed.Thanks in advance,Charlie

Attachments

• mower tag.jpg
    mower tag.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 4

Cusser

Threads
I have LT1000 with B&S engine from 2005. I posted in another thread that I've experienced similar issues when my tractor's idler pulley wouldn't move readily due to dirt build-up. So cleaning and lube fixed that.

crazy charlie

Threads
Yep,saw that one and I think I replied.Lotsa lube seems to have fixed it....and a good cleaning.Charlie

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi guys,I jacked the mower up and lubed everything I could see and I mean everything.Since I had it professionally serviced last year
I assume something underneath got clogged/stuck.After the excessive lubing ,the engagement lever seems to be working fine as it used to.Its my first riding mower so I dont know if the engagement lever should be as hard to shift as it is.It takes a pretty good lift and push up to get it locked into position. Half the time the knob comes off in my hand.Ant suggestions or advice is welcomed.Thanks in advance,Charlie
Boy that cleared that up if you could only read it.