Synthetic oil or not?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do miss the smell of castor in my old Kaw 350 Big Horn.
Canola pretty much sucks as chain lube if you don't meticulously clean bar, chain and clutch area before storing saw as it turns rancid and gums it up.

Bange

Threads
This has already been resolved... here the normal diesel is added 12% biodiesel, a small part from reused frying oils and most produced from direct sources according to the region.
North: palm (dendê) and babassu;
South, Southeast and Midwest: soybeans, sunflowers and peanuts;
Northeast: castor bean
Gasoline also has an addition of 25 to 27% (depends on the type of gasoline), anhydrous ethanol, produced from sugar cane.
We also have pure anhydrous ethanol.
Here, passenger cars are produced to run on bi-fuel (gasoline or ethanol or any mixture of both) and we can even add a kit for CNG (petroleum gas), and the car is tri-fuel.
Vegetable oil as a lubricant here is only used in industrial environments

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This has already been resolved... here the normal diesel is added 12% biodiesel, a small part from reused frying oils and most produced from direct sources according to the region.
North: palm (dendê) and babassu;
South, Southeast and Midwest: soybeans, sunflowers and peanuts;
Northeast: castor bean
Gasoline also has an addition of 25 to 27% (depends on the type of gasoline), anhydrous ethanol, produced from sugar cane.
We also have pure anhydrous ethanol.
Here, passenger cars are produced to run on bi-fuel (gasoline or ethanol or any mixture of both) and we can even add a kit for CNG (petroleum gas), and the car is tri-fuel.
Vegetable oil as a lubricant here is only used in industrial environments
What gas station has soy bean fuel? Pure anhydrous ethanol? Castor bean 91 octane super gas? :rolleyes:

I go to the pump and get regular plain old 87 octane fuel. All my hoopties start nearly on the first arm dislocation.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What gas station has soy bean fuel? Pure anhydrous ethanol? Castor bean 91 octane super gas? :rolleyes:

I go to the pump and get regular plain old 87 octane fuel. All my hoopties start nearly on the first arm dislocation.

slomo
I went to start the wood chipper yesterday to use it... hadn't started it since january...I get it set up and realize the fuel valve was still on...:eek: So i'm thinking "great, i'll have to strip the carb down and clean it or something"
It had half a tank of 87 octane+ Star Tron.... Switch on, check. Choke on, Check, FIRST pull it fired right up... not a surge or sputter out of it... Surprised me. I TURNED THE FUEL VALVE OFF, THIS TIME. cant believe i forgot to do it last.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do absolutely nothing to my 36hp Ferris at the end of the season other than filling both tanks up with regular pump gas. No fuel shutoff. Sits for about 5 months and always starts right up for the first mow of the season.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I do absolutely nothing to my 36hp Ferris at the end of the season other than filling both tanks up with regular pump gas. No fuel shutoff. Sits for about 5 months and always starts right up for the first mow of the season.
i always worry more about water collecting down here...in the spring and summer air humidity levels are always north of 60%... usually around 70%

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
i always worry more about water collecting down here...in the spring and summer air humidity levels are always north of 60%... usually around 70%
Not to mention huge temps swings on a daily basis. Could be 45 in the morning and 80 in the day. Keep the tanks full and treat as you like.

slomo