Suspension seat for mzt

Threads
Well I'm looking at putting a suspension seat on my new husqvarna mzt. I found one on eBay and according to this diagram it should work with little to no modifications. 2 of the holes might need to be drilled out a little bit bigger to work. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

PIJoe

Threads
I was looking at the dealer to see how different the seat pan was on the ZT's vs my LT. I'd like to put the seat I think you have on yours onto my lawn tractor. The pans are very different in my case, but yeah- they looked very similar on yours. Should be fairly straightforward. Did they offer an option of the suspension seat on the ZT? If so, it would be totally do-able, I would think.

Threads
No they don't offer a suspension seat for the mzt well at least not that I seen. I ordered one off eBay that says universal fit. They said fits most major brands and may fit others. I ordered anyways and when I went to install. The seat bolted perfectly but the frame didn't. The two back holes lined up but the front didn't. I drilled new holes in the suspension frame instead of new holes on the mower. I don't want the paint to chip and rust.

I haven't used it yet but I can't wait to try it out

PIJoe

Threads
You know, after sitting on the new Aeron Office-type seat that is on the high end Simplicity mowers, I'm sold. I need to have one, and have to modify one to fit my pan. By far the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on. I've used the Herman Miller Aeron chairs for years at work, and this knock off is awesome. There is nothing under you- it is like a elastrometric butt hammock.

BroadmoorRightFront.jpg

Threads
That is the same suspension as I just bought. However I don't notice a difference. I have it set to the softest setting and I'm 250lbs and don't notice a softer ride. Even when I sit on it I don't feel the suspension sink down at all

Lawn Addict
Threads
Something not right there. Could you compress it prior to install ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Something not right there. Could you compress it prior to install ?

Threads
I tried when I first took it out of the box but it was on the stiffest setting so I wasn't able to squeeze it. I never tried it on the softest setting before install. I guess I will have to take it off and try

gainestruk

Threads
You don't want it on softest setting, it's like an air ride seat on semi you have to tighten it up to your weight, like on my last kenworth I owned when I had it aired up for my 250lbs it would move up and down with bumps but if someone lighter than me set in it it would be hard as a rock and not move, so keep tightening it up until it will move but not bottom out when you hit a bump.
Mike..