surging Kholer engine

Auto Doc's

Threads
also I have cleaned the fins on the heads now they were clogged enough to blow the head gasket on that cylinder, but I replaced the headmaster and that cylinder still will not fire.
What are you calling a headmaster? Is that the cylinder head? A regional term I have never heard of?

Did you resurface the head with fine sandpaper on a good flat surface like a glass tabletop before installing it? Was the gasket replaced and the head bolts torqued properly?

In each cylinder you have to have ignition spark, fuel and compression in the right combination to run. Which is missing?

Have you measured the compression on each cylinder (again)? If it is still very low in the non-firing cylinder, then it could be heat damaged, collapsed piston rings

Are the valves properly adjusted (again) (There are many videos online about how to do this).

Was the head a used one and not checked before installing?

Has the carburetor been opened up and thoroughly cleaned? (New does not always mean good) Is there a leak where the intake bolts down to the head?

Last but not least, are the spark plugs correct for this application? I use Champion most of the time.