Super Bronco 42" Blades Engaged

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While you are waiting for the belt to turn up whip the blower housing off and check the bolts on the closure plate for tightness, in particular the 4 at the front
Kohler USA had a problem with them working loose and the crankcase splitting down the exhaust side of the block, near the cylinder joint.
DON"T LEAVE IT TILL THE END OF THE SEASON.
A little loose & leaking can be sorted wit a 1/4 turn on the 4 bolts
A cracked block is a major repair.
Kohler China are still making that engine, but the problem has ben fixed by using BLUE Loktite on all of the top plate bolts ( that you can do in the off season ).

As for the belt,
Make sure the brake pads are stopping the pulley spindles from turning.
This will cause all of the slack in the belt when the blades are turned off to accumulate at the engine pulley
If the left is working & the right is not then the slack ends up between the left pulley & right pulley so the belt runs too close on the engine pulley & burns

If you want to know the real size of a belt then go to GATES and drop the belt part number in there
They keep changing the web page, but click on the red ( vehiccle identification search ) buton and that brings up a search box .
Click on the INTERCHANGE box then type the Original part number in there.
That will bring up the gates equivalent and if you click on the ( now red ) Gates part number it brings up the page below with the details on it.
This is what the people who make belts say the size is ( scroll down the page )

Like everything in life, the lazy way ( google ) is rarely reliable because it knows about searching , not what you are searching for.

Last edited:

RooWalk

Threads
Like everything in life, the lazy way ( google ) is rarely reliable because it knows about searching , not what you are searching for.
Over the years, I have gotten to be Google Queen and can ferret about everything I need out of it. I'm happy to turn to experts when I cannot get what I want.
I check oil and gas (and coolant for the tractor) each and every use ... but I'll take a peek!!! Have wrenches will mechanic LOL

Off to shop Gate ... Thank you!!!

Keith H

Threads
Get the model number from underneath the seat....there is tag there with the number, then you can find the correct belt.
another thing, do you push a button to engage the PTO or do you push a lever?
I have a Troy built Mustang zero turn, it has a PTO switch but when i bush it in the deck is still fully engaged, i changed the switch and it still doesn’t recognize it . The deck fully engages as soon as you start the mower.