Suitable repower engine for lawn tractor

nbpt100

Threads
In the event that I need to replace a Briggs engine on a riding mower I want to start collecting options. The engine on the Troy-Bilt Pony is a 31C707 3346 G6

I know there are a number of options out there. I would prefere a drop in replacement. i.e. I dont have to modify pulley', calbles, mounting configurations. There may even be some non-Briggs that will be suitable. IDK.....Looking for ideas on a good replacement engine or even good internet sources to help make that decission and or to purchase from. Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like the Briggs recommended engine replacement is the 31R907-0007-G1. Other brands of engine can be adapted to work but will require exhaust rework replacement and possible wiring changes.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any single cylinder B & S engine will drop strait in & connect
The only important thing it the length & diameter of the crankshaft PO extension
Yours is a std 1" crank
small engine suppliers
small engine warehouse
Both do surplus engines very cheap and both have detailed instructions on how to measure your engine.
The different variations are no problem because you can swap alternators as they all have the same mounting centres