Stihl X-Line

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know there has been a lot of talk about trimmer Line but does anyone have any experience with the Stihl X-Line. You can purchase the .095, 5lb spool, 1837 ft for around $40.

LandN

Threads
I know there has been a lot of talk about trimmer Line but does anyone have any experience with the Stihl X-Line. You can purchase the .095, 5lb spool, 1837 ft for around $40.

hi ric,whats up, i never used the stihl x line.instead, i'm running grass gator line @ 095 and have good cut and durability with it. but i dont do a whole lot of trimming, I try to tighten up the areas with the 22" and then whats left i trim it. can you ask one of your local cutters in your area if you can buy a small chunk from them(if they use it) and then test it out and see how you like it ? that way you don't have to drop 40 on a whole spool. btw hows the cubs running.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
hi ric,whats up, i never used the stihl x line.instead, i'm running grass gator line @ 095 and have good cut and durability with it. but i dont do a whole lot of trimming, I try to tighten up the areas with the 22" and then whats left i trim it. can you ask one of your local cutters in your area if you can buy a small chunk from them and then test it out and see how you like it ? that way you don't have to drop 40 on a whole spool. btw hows the cubs running.

I've been running the Gator line, the .095 and I have a full spool of the .0105 on the shelf ready to go. the concern I have is that about 3/4 of the way through the spool of .095 I'm finding clear spots. The Aramid Fibers are missing and the line is breaking. Up until recently I've had real good luck with the Gator Line.

When I was at the dealers the other day I noticed they had the Stihl X-Line, wild looking stuff it's a yellowish green color and you sure can't miss it in the store. I think I'm going to try some for grins and see how it works before I break into the .0105 GL, I'll let you know how the stuff is. The Cubs are doing great No problems, about a month ago I added a Cub 98H self propelled, it has the 190cc Honda engine and mows great.:thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
yea,i spose its a gamble on getting a good spool of line thats going to last without breaking down , i quickly looked and read on other forums at some unhappy users of the x line breaking down,probably the same issue your talking about.yea, let me know how you like the stuff i have a stihl dealer not to far away from me and probably going to get one(trimmer)to replace my now smoking jd commercial trimmer.good luck with the 98h.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Been using the X-line a couple of days and it seems to be doing a good job. I can't say it's as good as the Gator line but it's sure a lot better than that Echo line I was using. The Echo is $29.95 for 858 ft. The stihl is $45.00 for 1867 ft. so for the price plus the the total feet I'd say the Stihl is a better buy than the Echo.:thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
geez thats over a 1/4 mile of line:smile:.i just pick up the gator line in 300' smaller rolls since i don't cut as much these days.i spose you can mount a line holding system on your trailer(if you haven't done so already) to dispense of line to refill your trimmer. i see some trailers around here have them.glad the new line is working out ok.

mikeypizano

Threads
I am using the X Line myself on my FS90r and it works good but I have tried one called ugly Line at Lowes made by Shakespere and it worked pretty good too. That is yellow, and triangle shaped. I use 0.095 as well. I think I will stick to Stihl line since I get to give my local dealer money instead of Lowes.