Stihl Trimmer

navistar82

Threads
I don't know about Navistar, but I'm reached the age where I no longer want to throwaway money. That is a balancing act, I'm not going to pay for features I don't need, but I want something that will do the job and last with proper maintenance. QUOTE]

Bingo, couldn't have said it better...but I know my wife wont go for the DR.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
My ex-wife took the DR ... along with the 17 acres it was intended for. :laughing: For any of my future needs, that would probably be too much features, but a $300 Stihl wouldn't be.

navistar82

Threads
Well, I found a rental place about 50 miles from my house that rents the actual stihl brush cutter. $55 for the weekend. It will be worth the drive for that.

possum

Threads
With woods comes tree trimming and large branch falls. I would buy a small chainsaw and cut the saplings, and a trimmer to do my grass trimming.

navistar82

Threads
I have 2 stihl saws, one for limbing and one for felling. I'm 6'8", getting tired of damn near laying down to cut the them out. My back isn't liking it either.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
If you got two Stihl chainsaws, convincing "management" that you "need" a Stihl trimmer should be easy. :wink:

navistar82

Threads
:ashamed:
If you got two Stihl chainsaws, convincing "management" that you "need" a Stihl trimmer should be easy. :wink:

Power of persuasion is a wonderful thing :biggrin: Just like we need one more longaberger baking dish , what's one more stihl product gonna hurt.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I like how you think! Today I decided to replace a ratty bed comforter my ex left me. It was leaking feathers and the fabric is dry rotted. Started looking here and there and then I looked at the ratty comforter for the brand, realized it was 20+ years old and immediately ordered from the same company. I can afford their prices every 20 years.

jenkinsph

Threads
I have an FS or FX100RS Stilh string trimmer, I don't care for the saw cutters, this is for string only. Uses a .095 line, has good power to keep up to speed and light enough in weight to hang on to for awhile. Seems to work well enough for larger weeds in most cases. If this doesn't get it I break out a DR trimmer mower or brush hog.