Export thread

Stihl Ms-180c Help!!!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I bought a ms-180c aftermarket cylinder kit an installed it the saw will run high rpm all day long the only problem I have now is that it will not idle I have tried to adjust it an now change any idea what it might be???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

exotion

exotion

I bought a ms-180c aftermarket cylinder kit an installed it the saw will run high rpm all day long the only problem I have now is that it will not idle I have tried to adjust it an now change any idea what it might be???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Time for the carb to get cleaned

M

MRCo.

Pressure test it.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Pressure Test??

Are you saying compression test??

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Time for the carb to get cleaned

I thought that to but i wanted some second options on it

exotion

exotion

I thought that to but i wanted some second options on it

Will it idle with choke closed or half closed seems like if you can keep it running at high it either needs more air or fuel and idle

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Idk never tried that I will here in the next couple of days an let u know

M

MRCo.

Pressure Test??

Are you saying compression test??
No, air leak test.

Hold on, go back. Why did you replace the p&c? Was the saw yours before or did you get it burned up?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Re: Stihl Ms-180c Help!!

No, air leak test.

Hold on, go back. Why did you replace the p&c? Was the saw yours before or did you get it burned up?

I burned it up an wanted to fix it should I re do the silicon gasket on the bottom of the motor an also how would I test that

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

For leaks ...?

M

MRCo.

Well, the issue with pressure testing Stihl saws is that the intake system can't be off, so it has to be done while built, which at times makes it a pain to see the leak location. Anyway, you need a pressure tester and blanking plates for the intake and muffler. If you are gonna work on saws you need those tools in your arsenal. Process is easy. If it is leaking, your just gonna toast it again. I personally never rebuild saws that small...just not worth it. But then, I do it for customers, not myself!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I am gonna order a new intake manifold it turns out it to lose are the outside of the motor an ring is to stretched out so stay posted for a result back

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Little update for everyone it wasn't a carb issue it needs a new set of crankshaft seal which I just ordered I found out one I put back together it still wasn't running right sprayed soapy water aren't the shaft an seen bubbles meaning a pressure leak so I got a set on the way will post soon to let y'all know if that fixed it :thumbsup: