Stihl ms 170 or husqvarna 240?

metz12

Threads
Also if you would like I can take a video of my sthil running and u said a something about pouland I got the 18 bar I can do a comperson of the two in a video this weekend :thumbsup:

that would be cool. and if you could actually show cutting some wood? if you cant then its no big deal.

Band-aid Kid

Threads
I've got the 240. Less than a year old and the oil pump gear striped out. Haven't tried the other one. I still like this one.

metz12

Threads
I've got the 240. Less than a year old and the oil pump gear striped out. Haven't tried the other one. I still like this one.

i really dont like the automatic oiler. they just break all the time. but thanks for the feedback.

Blueflippy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Both brands have gone through countless reorganizations to stay "alive" in the business world. Just because the Stihl brand excels in the pro saws, you cannot say it is so within basic wood cutters for the homeowner. All these baby saws are engineered for the occasional user, synonomous with cheap, and made in China. I own the MS170 and my neighbor owns the Husqvarna. I think the Stihl is smoother and a bit quieter, and seems to restart easier after its been running hard and shut down.

Threads
Both brands have gone through countless reorganizations to stay "alive" in the business world. Just because the Stihl brand excels in the pro saws, you cannot say it is so within basic wood cutters for the homeowner. All these baby saws are engineered for the occasional user, synonomous with cheap, and made in China. I own the MS170 and my neighbor owns the Husqvarna. I think the Stihl is smoother and a bit quieter, and seems to restart easier after its been running hard and shut down.

As a dealer that sells both Stihl & Husqvarna i would agree with Blueflippy, both are consumer saws but i sell more MS 170 & MS180 over 236 & 240 Husqvarnas , NZ$499 for a Husqvarna 240 - autumn /winter special till the end of July here in N.Z.

bullfrog

Threads
Hi metz12, That Husqvarna saw has a cheap plastic drive gear for the oil pump. That gear gives people alot of trouble. That Stihl is a good saw. Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Bullfrog