Stihl FS130 Problems

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
New carb at your Stihl dealer: 4180 120 0610 Carburetor C1Q-S173 $35.04
the c1q-s130 supercedes to the s173

bill18163

Threads
Thanks Fish for the new carburetor number. It will come in handy if I decide to replace the Chinese carb that I have on the machine now. I have the trimmer running pretty good at the moment. It starts right up and if I shut it down it will start right up again. I used it today and gave it a hard workout. Only had one instance where it got a little touchy at idle. Somehow the idle changed and it got a little rough. Took it back to my pole barn and adjusted the idle and it perked right up. I think I'll leave the Chinese carb on it and see how things work out. If it keeps getting out of tune I can always put that Stihl carb that you mentioned on it. The idle screw lever point of contact on the Chinese carb was not very good. I had to bend it into position to make better contact with the taper on the idle screw. There was hardly any adjustment to be had and actually I was thinking about bending it a little more to be able to get a more positive contact range. I'll run it some more to see how it all turns out.