Stihl FS-55R

Nwatson99

Threads
Read the post, its four years old.

I did read his post, maybe you should read some more yourself and put just a tad more thought into it, if that man had Stihl replace his carb June 1 of 2013, then that carb would be under warranty right now and he could take it back to his dealer for carb repairs not on his dime.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did read his post, maybe you should read some more yourself and put just a tad more thought into it, if that man had Stihl replace his carb June 1 of 2013, then that carb would be under warranty right now and he could take it back to his dealer for carb repairs not on his dime.

We are talking about now, and not then.

Last edited:

Nwatson99

Threads
We are talking about, and not then.

Wow that is why I asked the man the question I did, I understand after his response where he did it himself no warranty.
Then I ask about gas and mix, then you chime in telling me to read his post about the age of the unit.

Anyway robbiecox6 take it to the Stihl dealer and have it fixed, that way if it acts up again within a year it is on them.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
When folks bring in a trimmer that has sat all winter, I usually try dumping out all of the fuel, pumping the primer bulb to get rid of that crap too, then refilling with fresh fuel, back out the mixture screws an extra turn or so, fire it up and let it run real rich for a bit, dissolve all of that scummy varnish, then readjust. Half of the time that is all you need to do.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
When folks bring in a trimmer that has sat all winter, I usually try dumping out all of the fuel, pumping the primer bulb to get rid of that crap too, then refilling with fresh fuel, back out the mixture screws an extra turn or so, fire it up and let it run real rich for a bit, dissolve all of that scummy varnish, then readjust. Half of the time that is all you need to do.

At last, someone with commonsense..!

Streamlight

Threads
Make sure you got the right replacement carburetor, the newest carburetor for that model is part no. 4140 120 0169 and has plastic type hose fittings, the older carburetors had metal or some kind of alloy hose fittings and they were clogging up the purge base under the primer bulb. Anyway the factory settings for the needles are H is 3/4 turn out from seat and L is 1-1/2 turns out from seat.

Attachments

• Stihl  FS55 Carb4140-120-0619.jpg
    Stihl FS55 Carb4140-120-0619.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3