stihl fc 90 or fc 100 please help!

dj19

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have recently bought a fc 90 edger and I was talked in to this off of a fc 110. I was woundering if their is any substantial difference in the 2 can you feel the bigger engine or the .3hp. I am starting a business and woundering if I made a mistake opting to the 90.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have recently bought a fc 90 edger and I was talked in to this off of a fc 110. I was wondering if their is any substantial difference in the 2 can you feel the bigger engine or the .3hp. I am starting a business and wondering if I made a mistake opting to the 90.

I can tell you that I run the FC 90 and have for a couple of years in my business and it's never give me a minutes trouble, it's been a great machine. As far as the difference between the FC90 and the 110 in the edger, I can't tell you but I can tell you the difference between the FS 90 and FS 110 because we run both and between those two trimmers there is a difference and the FS 110R definitely has more power. The thing is though we use the 90 the greatest percentage of the time because it's all that's needed. As far as you wondering if you made a mistake opting to the 90 I'd say No, I think you'll be more than happy with your choice.

dj19

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the advise. I like the one I have but told my nearest dealer that I wanted the 110 bc it has a straight solid steal drive shaft. nd the big 4 stroke. So he leaned me to the 90 and assured me they adressed the valve floating issue. But the 100 has the big motor and curved shaft. He also assured me the cable dive has a lifetime warranty. But we will see. If this one breaks I will be giving him hell. Lol