Stihl Exploded Parts Book

epnault

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,
I took apart my Stihl FS45 trimmer this week because the on/off switch quit working and I decided to replace it. I have a small circular spring with a couple of "wings" on it that I can not for the life of me figure out where it goes in the handle assembly. Thanks for the help.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
up to 2001

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 74

epnault

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks but mine is a 2006 and it looks different. Can anyone else help?

Parkmower

Threads
Is it the spring for throttle trigger?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You didn't state what year it was...! the more info you give, the better it helps us on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 80

epnault

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is what I needed. Now I see where the second spring needs to go. It is on the trigger lock lever. Thanks a lot guys. This is a really helpful forum.

FarmerJohn79

Forum Newbie
Threads
You didn't state what year it was...! the more info you give, the better it helps us on here.
Hello, I am having a similar problem. How does the throttle and trigger lock connect to each other, and what is spring (10) doing? Does is connect into one of the grooves to create the tension? I have the repair pdf and it is terrible. Does anyone have a pic of the unit all connected so I can see how it is suppose to be assembled? I was replacing the ignition coil and when I was putting it back together it slipped in the vice and the whole thing came apart! Talk about a bad day! Last year I had to replace the carb on this thing. Not sure if I am impressed with this product. Thank you for any assistance!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do these help?
help 001.JPGspringfs38.jpg