Stihl BR340

Uncle Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need advice. I have a still br340 blower, runs great for 30-45 mins then Boggs down. Cuts off. I start again it runs 10 mins. After 4th 5th time won't crank. I've changed gas, plug, air filter, tank filter,exhaust screen cleaned/torched it. Any suggestions appreciated.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the engine tighten up, can't pull the rope? Or just won't run? I have a couple 2 stroke machines that will lean out after several minutes and need the high speed mixture adjusted some, worse on a hot day. Just a quirk of the cheap carbs I suspect.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel tank & carb run at 7 psi
This pressure is regulated by either the cap or a tank vent or both.
If it not regulated then the tank overpressurizes and the engine floods after a short while.
A 2 stroke will make very different noises when stalling rich as comparred to stalling lean.
If the vent /cap is blocked it will flood & stall rich ( Bog down, 4 stroke, miss a bit then stop )
If they are leaking then it will run lean which will cause the exhaust note to become quite sharp & harsh then the engine will race away then die.

The final entry on the usual suspects list is a partially blocked screen in the muffler which prevents all of the exhaust getting out till the engine eventually chokes on it's own exhaust, however this usually happens after 3 to 4 minutes but always worth a check

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When the engine gets to where it doesn't restart make sure you still have spark at the spark plug. These symptoms can also mimic the results of a failed ignition module.

Uncle Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the engine tighten up, can't pull the rope? Or just won't run? I have a couple 2 stroke machines that will lean out after several minutes and need the high speed mixture adjusted some, worse on a hot day. Just a quirk of the cheap carbs I suspect.
ThanksTom

Uncle Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel tank & carb run at 7 psi
This pressure is regulated by either the cap or a tank vent or both.
If it not regulated then the tank overpressurizes and the engine floods after a short while.
A 2 stroke will make very different noises when stalling rich as comparred to stalling lean.
If the vent /cap is blocked it will flood & stall rich ( Bog down, 4 stroke, miss a bit then stop )
If they are leaking then it will run lean which will cause the exhaust note to become quite sharp & harsh then the engine will race away then die.

The final entry on the usual suspects list is a partially blocked screen in the muffler which prevents all of the exhaust getting out till the engine eventually chokes on it's own exhaust, however this usually happens after 3 to 4 minutes but always worth a check
Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take off the muffler and peek at the piston.