Stihl BG 85 z Stihl blower. Primer bulb issue?

craigtrader

Forum Newbie
Threads
My stihl runs if i prime it through the plug. I cant get the primer bulb to fill. It has new plug clean high octane gas and is stored inside.
When I can get it running it runs good. the primer bulb was replaced + put in by a shop and he was unable to get it to prime or get the primer bulb to fill. Should the carburetor be replaced? I'm some what handy and could probably do that. Im really looking forward to some constructive input. It has spark and all that's needed to run. I'm thinking the main issue is the primer bulb. Im guessing something is probably plugged not allowing proper airflow to the primer bulb.

craigtrader

Forum Newbie
Threads
Herea the model number

Attachments

• 0617211328a_HDR.jpg
    0617211328a_HDR.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 2

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before you start replacing parts I would be checking to see if the fuel pickup line is in good condition. If the unit is more than 3 years old and been store during the off season with fuel in it, good possibility that it is broken or cracked.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Replace the carburetor. The primer base has failed. Due to cost it is just a cheap to replace the whole carburetor.

I replaced several Stihl carburetor because of these primer bases failing.

craigtrader

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry I forgot to include fuel line was replaced.

craigtrader

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replace the carburetor. The primer base has failed. Due to cost it is just a cheap to replace the whole carburetor.

I replaced several Stihl carburetor because of these primer bases failing.
Hi I replaced the carb and it started right up. Thank you