Sthil MS250

173abn

Threads
I posted this on TBN today.I broke the pull rope on my Sthil MS250 chainsaw.I pulled the cover to replace it and to give it it's first cleaning.I've never had the cover off since I bought it new in 06 because I never had a reason before so I start cleaning wood dust around the flywheel when I notice one of the flywheel fins was missing.I could see an old break but no fin .I said to myself what the hey is this about.It made me angry so I pulled the flywheel and took it where I bought it.I had two guys look at it and I told them I bought it new here and had never had that cover off.I told them I could'nt believe Sthil would put this flywheel in their product.One guy said he'd been to the plant and there was no way their quality control would allow this to pass inspection.So I took it they blamed me and told them I'd never had that cover off let alone broke that fin.I also noted that the flywheel has one of those "permanent keys" and let them know I was very dissapointed in Sthil and them trying to blame me.They said Sthil would'nt even look at it because it was so old and out of warranty.I'm now thinking of sending this flywheel to coporate headquarters.My opinion on Sthil and their products went down to 10 out of 100 pts. today....russ

mystreba

Threads
Is there no way that sheared fin could have found its way out, or fallen out when you pulled the cover, or otherwise just disintegrated?

CajunCub

Threads
I can see why they say that because of the age. I have never seen a new saw every do that. But Sthil does have some great saws. You just got to ask yourself, If I had never taken that cover off...was I happy all those years with my saw? Don't loose to much sleep over it.:rolleyes:

Last edited: