Excellent video! I lube my steering & sector gears with Lucas #2 sticky grease. Yes I add grease at every service, just a small amount to cover teeth, gear. It will last for months if your just mowing your own yard. Yes a little grass & dirt will accumulate over time. I look at it this way, when you have gears meshing dry how long are they going to last? I wipe sector & pinion off with shop towel before applying fresh grease each time of service. You will notice an improvement in ease of steering also when grease is applied. Premature wear of sector & pinion gears is the result of no lubricant, running dry. Even running dry sector & pinion will accumulate grass & dirt. I also lube all moving parts that do not have grease fittings with lubricating oil in a spray can, or just use oil squirt gun. Parts will operate more efficiently when lubed at every service. You can also purchase Lithium grease in a spray can for lubing all moving parts. Suggestion: if & when you purchase new spindles without grease fittings, drill & tap for grease fittings.