Steering adjustment Toro time cutter 3225

Sam.LIII

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone please tell me which way the adjusting bolts by the back tires affect the rotation of the wheels (steering)
I need to get my steering evened out. Thank you for any advice

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can someone please tell me which way the adjusting bolts by the back tires affect the rotation of the wheels (steering)
I need to get my steering evened out. Thank you for any advice
The best way to do it is get the rear wheels off of the ground. Then play with. You will then be able to see exactly what’s going on. You want zero creep.

Last edited:

Sam.LIII

Forum Newbie
Threads
The best way to do it is get the rear wheels off of the ground. Then play with. You will then be able to see exactly what’s going on. You want zero to a very slight forward creep.
Thank you - I have tried, that but still is out of alignment. I always adjusted them to be motionless, I will try it with small forward motion !

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even a very slight rearward motion is fine. Like they are just barely trying to move. You want them to be equal.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you are talking about the tracking? Some where there should be an adjustment to set the speed of each hydro. Not familiar with your mower but there is always a way to set the tracking on a ZTR mower.

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you are talking about the tracking? Some where there should be an adjustment to set the speed of each hydro. Not familiar with your mower but there is always a way to set the tracking on a zt mower.
I think that’s what he’s talking about. He probably has the EZT transaxles.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
When U set the tracking make sure and air up the tires to the proper pressure. Low pressure will affect the tracking as they leak down. A good tire can loose 2 lbs of pressure a month, and that is on your car. These little lawn mower tires can loose more than that. Do you check the air pressure in your car tires monthly? You should.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And tracking will never be 100%
When ZTR's were new they had a forward & rearward track adjustment plus lever adjustments.
However they stopped doing this because it was an exercise in futility.
On commercials with a single external pump & plumbing you can adjust tracking and it will stay in adjustment.
On a belt driven mower with 2 motor/pump units you will never get them fully synced and even if you do then they will only drive dead strait on a solid surface like concrete or tar due to wheel slip & pulley slip on the left hydro unit .

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
All ZTR mowers will run down hill when mowing on a hillside. The Dixie Chopper Classic has two pumps driven off a T-Box that is driven off one belt and they will run down hill on a hill side.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's a shot of Tracking adjuster(s) one on each side for a Toro, Remember to always slow the faster side down..
1st) I mark the threads & nut w/ a sharpie, to have a bench mark, to start with. Only takes a tiny turn to correct many, 1/8 turn & test..
howtoadjustSS5060Steeringad.jpg