Starts then dies

Mckinney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hustler Fas Trak Starts then dies.... cleaned battery posts, replaced both spark plugs, Checked fuel filter, Clean but didn't seem to have gas in it either. Took drain plug out of carb, sprayed carb cleaner. noticed fuel line had some debris I don't have a engine manual to fine fuel lines or fuel solenoid if it has one
can't get it to repair shop if I cant drive it up on trailer. ha at this point do I replace all fuel lines.

taxidermist

Threads
Does the fuel line enter the bottom of the tank or the top? If it enters the top or high on the side check the fuel line inside the tank.

Rob

DaveTN

Threads
If you ever have to get a machine up on a trailer etc. and you can't get it to run, but will start if you squirt carb cleaner in the engine...then take the breather cover and filter off and have someone squirt a little cleaner into the carburetor as you drive it up on the trailer. Doesn't take much squirting really, only two people. I have done it myself, but takes more coordination and risk. I loaded a heavy Troybilt Horse tiller once by doing that. Let it walk itself up into the truck on 2 X 6 ramps rather than having to push / pull / lift it up. Done that with riding mowers as well.:thumbsup:

gmallick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hustler Fas Trak Starts then dies.... cleaned battery posts, replaced both spark plugs, Checked fuel filter, Clean but didn't seem to have gas in it either. Took drain plug out of carb, sprayed carb cleaner. noticed fuel line had some debris I don't have a engine manual to fine fuel lines or fuel solenoid if it has one
can't get it to repair shop if I cant drive it up on trailer. ha at this point do I replace all fuel lines.

My scag just did the same thing to me today???
Whats with these machines?? I cant get it to run but 5 to 10 seconds and it shuts down