starting the process over

Simple guy

Threads
Inwould love to move up a grade but that is just way out of my price range

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Inwould love to move up a grade but that is just way out of my price range

Have you thought about Financing the thing. You as a homeowner don't have to worry about business overhead and such and what you're going to spend on the other mower would go a long way as a down payment and would make your monthly payments fairly cheap.
The other thing I'd look at is the future, what could the first choice cost you in repairs in the long run vs the the better mower. A lot of what if questions.

As the old saying goes, you can pay me now or pay me later??????

Simple guy

Threads
I am at my limit. I may be old school but im one of those who dont finance things or run a balance on any of credit cards....im fortunate to have a good job. I try to pay cash and will not purchase imaterial items if i can not pay them off when i get my statement. Im leaning towards the toro

jimrs

Threads
I still think that you will like the Toro as it is a fine unit even thought it's only a home owners model. It will do the job and last a long time. I only have about 9 hrs on mine and I am still thrilled about its cut and ease of use.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
Whether it's a good hydro or not is debatable, it would depend on what motor it's matched with and how often or how much the unit will be used. Most of your mower manufacturers like Toro, Cub Cadet, Ariens and so on use the EZT transmission on there residential units because they're cheaper and they can keep the price down for that particular targeted range of consumer ( the homeowner )

The problem with the EZT IMO is it's a sealed unit and doesn't have any oil filter to keep the oil filtered and any repairs need too be done by a dealer, if you can find one that will make repairs and just not just not do a replacement with a new drive.

My personal opinion and I were you I'd step up a class in the Hustler line and look at the Fastrak 48, you'll have a better mower because it's a commercial unit with a better motor and the 3100 Hydro-gear hydrostatic drive units, you'd never have to worry about buying another mower as a homeowner.

many of the toro res. do have servicable trans. you have to research the models. Hustler never impressed me at all. if you want to talk commercial equip. there are machines far superior to it. just sayn:cool:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Hustler would be the best out of the three and personally I' get the one with the Kawasaki Engine and not that Briggs & Stratton. I believe you can get the Hustler 48" with the Honda GXV 530 also, if you like Honda.

Simple guy

Threads
Well i looked at the toronagain and just didnt like the two blade deck. Went back and looked at the hustler and the dealer basically was trying to sell me whatever he had, even a huskavarna(sp). So i went over to the simplicity dealer and ended up getiting the zt3500 at a fair price. Now if it stops rainimg maybe i can use it!!

scott47429

Threads
well i don't know if this will work for you since i don't know how it is where you live but my dealer that i found don't just have one brand he carries Exmark,Husqvarna,Scag,Dixie Chopper,Cub Cadet,Farris and i think there is a few more so if you can find a dealer like mine he won't be bias to one brand since one grand don't pay his bill they all do