Starter solenoid

X-man

Threads
This is really starting to piss me off.

My lawn tractor, for no apparent reason, keeps blowing starter solenoids.

The first (and probably the original) solenoid blew a year ago. No biggie. Well, the second solenoid recently blew about 3 weeks ago. Replaced it again. This third solenoid, after 2.5 weeks of use, just blew this morning. What the hell?

What could possibly be causing my mower to go through solenoids like water? I'm confused.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Assuming that you don't have the mower miswired problem like another poster a couple of weeks ago, Either the starter is pulling too many amps and overloading the solenoid, or the solenoids are junk.

I went through 5 or six last year that start the mower between one and three times before failing. Those where the 5409H and 5410H solenoids marketed by briggs.

gfp55

Threads
This is really starting to piss me off.

My lawn tractor, for no apparent reason, keeps blowing starter solenoids.

The first (and probably the original) solenoid blew a year ago. No biggie. Well, the second solenoid recently blew about 3 weeks ago. Replaced it again. This third solenoid, after 2.5 weeks of use, just blew this morning. What the hell?

What could possibly be causing my mower to go through solenoids like water? I'm confused.

Are you replacing with OEM or aftermarket? Every time I use aftermarket electrical parts I have trouble. They look good but they don't seem to work correctly.