Starter Recoil's - Quality ones?

bad69cat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody have a good parts source for recoil's? I bought one on ebay and it lasted about 5 starts before the thing flew into bits? The prices for them are all over the map - and most of the ads I find are no name brands (IE China junk....) I see some where the parts are made completely out of plastic, and others are made out of thin metal with a cheesy rivet/spring (which is what I got). I suspect that the plastic ones may actually be better? I'd rather pay a bit extra for better parts because it makes me look bad if my customers "repairs" don't last....... I can't find any good discussions on this subject. But I suspect somebody has been down this same path! Maybe all the aftermarket ones suck - but the manufacturers have to be getting them somewhere that has higher quality...?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
For Small engine recoils in general or just tecumseh?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The after market parts suppliers, Oregon, Stens, Rotary , Prime Line all sell recoils that work & have passed a quality control test
Ebay & amazon vendors sell the junk that the afore mentioned wholesalers reject because they have failed QC
Buy from a mower store who can not see junk because theyhave a front window that angry customers can throw a brick through so are not nameless faceless morons hidig behind the on line Vending platforms.
As an aside I have never bought a bad product from Alibaba but know hundreds of people who got burned by Amazon / ebay .