Export thread

Starter Recoil's - Quality ones?

B

bad69cat

Anybody have a good parts source for recoil's? I bought one on ebay and it lasted about 5 starts before the thing flew into bits? The prices for them are all over the map - and most of the ads I find are no name brands (IE China junk....) I see some where the parts are made completely out of plastic, and others are made out of thin metal with a cheesy rivet/spring (which is what I got). I suspect that the plastic ones may actually be better? I'd rather pay a bit extra for better parts because it makes me look bad if my customers "repairs" don't last....... I can't find any good discussions on this subject. But I suspect somebody has been down this same path! Maybe all the aftermarket ones suck - but the manufacturers have to be getting them somewhere that has higher quality...?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

For Small engine recoils in general or just tecumseh?

B

bertsmobile1

The after market parts suppliers, Oregon, Stens, Rotary , Prime Line all sell recoils that work & have passed a quality control test
Ebay & amazon vendors sell the junk that the afore mentioned wholesalers reject because they have failed QC
Buy from a mower store who can not see junk because theyhave a front window that angry customers can throw a brick through so are not nameless faceless morons hidig behind the on line Vending platforms.
As an aside I have never bought a bad product from Alibaba but know hundreds of people who got burned by Amazon / ebay .