starter question

cambre

Threads
Is it possible to disconnect one connection from ignition switch to bypass all safety switches.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In a nutshell no. Some riders have the safety switches before the key switch, so all switches must work to get power to the key switch. Others have the switches after the switch. So disconnecting from the key switch would kill power to the rest of the system. Now you could remove the wire from the S terminal and then put a wire from there to the solenoid and bypass everything. Or from the battery to the B terminal for the other system.

cambre

Threads
In a nutshell no. Some riders have the safety switches before the key switch, so all switches must work to get power to the key switch. Others have the switches after the switch. So disconnecting from the key switch would kill power to the rest of the system. Now you could remove the wire from the S terminal and then put a wire from there to the solenoid and bypass everything. Or from the battery to the B terminal for the other system.

Thanks for the answer ILEGINE, I will try that. I think I have a safety switch problem some where, that's why I thought if I could disconnect them all I would be sure it was a safety switch and not something else.