Export thread

Starter Problem.

S

Sh3lby Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm2MBd61FNs&list=UUDplXDTmIzmJFmoZ5XkqnjA

13 HP Tecumseh new starter put on a week ago and now this.

R

Rivets

Don't do videos, can you post the problem?

LaWn GuY

LaWn GuY

Whats wrong with the video^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

R

Rivets

I didn't say anything was wrong with videos, it's probably great for the younger guys. I said I don't do videos. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Carscw

Carscw

Holly F-ing crap.

Bet that starter has a good burnt smell to it now.

Adjust the valves

LaWn GuY

LaWn GuY

I've adjusted the valves at least 10 times and still nothing when I first got the starter it worked fine after about each use it seemed like it loss power. I seen a little smoke come from the starter.

Carscw

Carscw

I've adjusted the valves at least 10 times and still nothing when I first got the starter it worked fine after about each use it seemed like it loss power. I seen a little smoke come from the starter.

Give the battery a jump with same cables from the car

Fish

Fish

It spun good at the start. Take the plug out and crank it, film that. Then screw the plug in 1/3 of the way and crank.

BlazNT

BlazNT

The starter gear should drop down after you try to start it. I'm betting bad starter.

Fish

Fish

Yeah, reading the posts, I am sure that the starter is probably toast, just don't know what caused it yet.

LaWn GuY

LaWn GuY

Fish

Fish

What can I say???????

LaWn GuY

LaWn GuY

Thanks everyone It was the battery put It on a charger and It starts. Not sure how long before something else go wrong.

Carscw

Carscw

Thanks everyone It was the battery put It on a charger and It starts. Not sure how long before something else go wrong.

Most times it is the battery.

Fish

Fish

Watch that little movie again, and tell me that the battery is his problem!!!!! Let us know how it runs the next few times......

Yeah, he will likely need a new battery, starter, and who knows what until he figures out his problem!!!!!

Carscw

Carscw

Watch that little movie again, and tell me that the battery is his problem!!!!! Let us know how it runs the next few times...... Yeah, he will likely need a new battery, starter, and who knows what until he figures out his problem!!!!!

After watching the LITTLE MOVIE I thought for sure he would fry the starter.

You have to admit you see it a lot on here people replace parts to find out the battery was junk. Not saying it is the only thing wrong with his engine.