Stanley 54ZS Opinions

lilusman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My wife and I recently purchased a home with 3 acres. Im looking for a ztr mower. We live in north texas. Our lot is very flat and given our annual rainfall averages 18", I doubt we'll be mowing very often.
Ive been doing my research on mowers and narrowed my selection down to 2 or 3 different mowers about 10 different times. It's been interesting but frustrating. I would like to keep the price around or under 4K. I know the perils of the big box store items, but does anyone have an opinion on the Stanley 54zs. This can be found at Sears, Lowes, or Homedepot. Right now HD has it on sale for 3899 and I think my friend can get 10% off of that because he works there.
The mower has a 24hp Kawi, 54 in. 7guage fabricated deck, rollover bar, high back rest, arm rest, cup holders, a limited 2 yr warranty, etc. They call it a commercial mower. The thing ways 1100 pounds so I have no doubts about the amount of steel in it. I have found very few discussions or reviews on stanley riding mowers. The warranty service is from GXIoutdoorpower and they have a service location a few miles from me.
Im looking at Hustlers and Badboys as well, but for the same price 3500-4000, they seem much less equipped and really not as stout. Any comments and advice are welcomed.

lilusman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, this mower has a Peerless Silentrac Model 2100 Trans-axle if that means anything to anyone.

Last edited:

10acres

Forum Newbie
Threads
For whatever this is worth, here are my experience with the Stanley 54ZS:

Mower not able to lower mowing deck when received. Had to call customer service to have a bolt shipped. Next problem was hydro input belt broke (after about 20 hours). Customer service said they would ship me a new belt. When I didn't recieve one after a week, I called them and they said the problem wasn't with the belt. Appears that the alignment of something is. Customer service said that they would be having a service center call me to arrange a pick-up. Once again, didn't receive a call so I had to call them back. Still awaiting servicing of this problem. I have to babysit customer service and call them over and over. Hour meter runs backwards; this is a minor issue but with all the other problems, speaks to lack of quality. Complete peice of junk and I would avoid this product and buy something else.