StaBil and ethanol?

Danl99

Threads
I routinely use StaBil to increase the lifetime of my gasoline in cans. I was just told that StaBil DOESN'T WORK for gas with ethanol. The point being that ethanol absorbs water. Now, my cans are sealed, so the ethanol in my gas isn't going to absorb a lot of water. Now as if I leave my gas exposed to the air. Is this a real issue, or just a myth?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Danl99

Threads
Yeah, I saw that, but some employee at a garden repair shop told me otherwise. I'll presume that to be a myth.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to YouTube. “Taryl Fixes All” did some extensive testing on such products.

aussielawny

Threads
Here.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY3CXmk19Ag
Personally l only use ethanol free straight fuel, if storing turn off the fuel tap & run the engine dry

rswapp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Use Rec Fuel and you won't have issues

Kevin Dibling

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here in Ontario Canada, we cannot buy gasoline without ethanol and for that reason are you stable 360 marine ethanol, treatment and stabilizer put about 1 ounce in 5 gallons and keep the cans sealed however when you put the gas in the mower and it stays for a while is vented so therefore it’s absorbing moisture out of the air and this is where we run into the most trouble so the best way to do isit putting the stabilizer in the machine, and that seems to have worked well

Alan46

Threads
Here in Ontario Canada, we cannot buy gasoline without ethanol and for that reason are you stable 360 marine ethanol, treatment and stabilizer put about 1 ounce in 5 gallons and keep the cans sealed however when you put the gas in the mower and it stays for a while is vented so therefore it’s absorbing moisture out of the air and this is where we run into the most trouble so the best way to do isit putting the stabilizer in the machine, and that seems to have worked well
Sorry, but I don’t understand.
so the best way to do isit putting the stabilizer in the machine, and that seems to have worked well

Gord Baker

Threads
Here.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY3CXmk19Ag
Personally l only use ethanol free straight fuel, if storing turn off the fuel tap & run the engine dry
Our out of touch Govt has legislated Ethanol in ALL Gasolines, including Premium. Idiots.
Keep full cans tightly sealed and run carb Dry and drain float bowl at end of Season.