Springtime is nigh...Decision time

david81

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

First post here, but I've been browsing quite a bit.

Last fall we purchased a new home on slightly less than 6 acres. My plan is to mow 2-3 of that on a regular basis. So far, I'm leaning towards a nice ZTR because I'd rather not spend most of my precious weekend time on mowing.

Up until last week, I was pretty much set on a Toro Timecutter 5060 due to many recommendations. Then I saw the Ariens Zoom XL 54 (last year's model with the Kawasaki engine) at Home Depot. I know, bad big box store.

Barring any retailer bias, does anyone have any experience with the Ariens ZTRs? I picked up an Ariens snow blower and couldn't be happier, so that may be influencing my decision.

Anything else I should give a serious look in that $3k-$4k range?

Thanks in advance,

David

jimrs

Threads
There are a lot of people on here that have reported good things about the Ariens ztr. I think that you would be happy with either of your choices.

david81

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out I was able to find a dealer with a 2011 model Max Zoom 60 (identical to Gravely ZT HD 60) for a fantastic price. Coupled with 48 months at 0%, I just couldn't pass it up.

Now I just gotta wait for the yard to dry up after this wonderfully wet winter....