Spindles

robo15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I recently purchased the TS354XD. Really enjoy it so far, cut roughly six acres. I'm not seeing any zerk fittings on the spindles. Are they even greasable?

Thanks, Rob

robo15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, poor design if you can't grease them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks, poor design if you can't grease them.
Actually you will find that the majority of mowers have non greaseable bearings, and a lot of the mowers with grease zerks will also have sealed bearings, so it becomes a feel good action on the part of the owner. Also non greaseable bearings are not limited to homeowner models, there are a large number of commercial mowers with sealed bearings also.

robo15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually you will find that the majority of mowers have non greaseable bearings, and a lot of the mowers with grease zerks will also have sealed bearings, so it becomes a feel good action on the part of the owner. Also non greaseable bearings are not limited to homeowner models, there are a large number of commercial mowers with sealed bearings also.
Interesting, thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW I generally fit a grease nipple to all spindle housing that I replace
Then on the bottom I fit the sealed bearing ( 2RS) and on the top I fit a metal shielded one Z or ZZ
The Z shield is not airtight so I can pump up the housing till grease starts to ooze out of the bearing.
Cant do it will all spindles due to bearing availability.
If you want a Rolls Royce job then you fit the grease nipple down low on the spindle housing and a vent nipple just under the top bearing
Thus you pump them up till the vent exudes a strong grease flow
Some older commercial Torros have this set up as did the Great Danes

robo15

Forum Newbie
Threads
FWIW I generally fit a grease nipple to all spindle housing that I replace
Then on the bottom I fit the sealed bearing ( 2RS) and on the top I fit a metal shielded one Z or ZZ
The Z shield is not airtight so I can pump up the housing till grease starts to ooze out of the bearing.
Cant do it will all spindles due to bearing availability.
If you want a Rolls Royce job then you fit the grease nipple down low on the spindle housing and a vent nipple just under the top bearing
Thus you pump them up till the vent exudes a strong grease flow
Some older commercial Torros have this set up as did the Great Danes
Thanks for the info.

Honest Abe

Threads
Hello, I recently purchased the TS354XD. Really enjoy it so far, cut roughly six acres. I'm not seeing any zerk fittings on the spindles. Are they even greasable?

Thanks, Rob
this is what the manual says:
A. General lubrication. Lubricate the spindle grease connection, front wheel bearing, gear teeth of the steering part.
now to just locate them . . . . . .