spastic

gregjo1948

Threads
Just pick up a Snapper Pro S75x 5900859 serial 2014063039. It is so jerky to steer that I can't keep it in a straight line to mow. I run the engine full throttle so it mows at it's best but, full speed ahead causes a very spastic steering. The very slightest control lever movement to either side, causes it to jerk. Is there a way to adjust it to correct this problem? It only has 525 hrs so there isn't wear or slop in linkage to blame it on. I've run many Z's and walkbehinds and handle them fine. Thanks for any input, gregjo1948

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some mowers are just more sensitive then others.
I prefer ones like the snapper.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get the manual for that monster. Call Snapper or see if you can download online. Has to be some simple tweak knowing Snapper.

Is this your first 0-turn? You know those are just as you describe. Hydros are fast acting. They will turn and stop on a dime'ish.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the control handle bars are too tight, if it is adjustable, it can cause this. Looked up your mower and then your pumps. Does it have the return to neutral control arms on it? If so, if the return to neutral springs are missing it will make it handle real squirrely, usually a lot of play in the control handle bars on the mower before it moves the control arms on the pump. Also the shock valves can cause it to be more or less sensitive.