spark plugs

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Three things I would do. When the engine is running rough, insert an inline spark tester between the coil and plug, to see if you are getting spark. If it is intermittent, or there is none, remove the kill wire from that coil and see if it changes. If it does, you know that something is grounding out that coil. If there is still not spark, the coil is bad. You if the spark is good, take a can of spray carb cleaner and spray around all of the intake gasket areas. If the engine speed changes, you will have found an air leak that is causing the problem and a gasket needs to be replaced.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When my Intek died I pursued the usual suspects and finally found the unsual (to me). One cylinder had stopped firing. Compression was ok. Finally I observed that the exhaust valve was only opening about 1/8." Long story told elswhere in this forum. Exhaust cam had been ground to a round journal because the valve guide loosened and moved upward. If all else fails look at the valve movements.

bigfuzzy

Threads
it may be kill wire between coils. found a blown diode on both harnesses, old & new. will try friday.