Spark Plug Status?

l008com

Threads
Yes I am aware this plug is unusually wet, which makes sense as the mower wouldn't start. This is the machine that turned out to be overfilled with oil.

But I'm only making this post to ask, what is the condition of this plug itself, not the motor overall. Besides behind wet, this plug looks old but barely used. Like someone replaced the plug years ago to try to get it running, but it still wouldn't run so it sat around for a few years?

I know plugs are cheap but I hate replacing something that doesn't need to be replaced, does this look good to keep using?

plug1.jpg plug2.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It may look good, but could be compromised. At the $$$ of plugs I would be replacing it. Dollar wise many times mean penny stupid.

Bertrrr

Threads
Well it either fires or it doesn't even if it looks good , if you ground the end and spin the machine you should see a spark , if no spark it may be a coil problem. The plug does look in new condition but it would look like that if there's no fire also.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The way i look at spark plugs... "it could be a $3 fix"

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That plug must of come off of an airplane. Because at my shop it would be taking its last flight across the shop into the trash can.