Spark plug replacement on Craftsman Lawn Tractor

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Iv never heard of this plug or seen it used in any engine manufacturer.

I only go by what manufacturer recommends.
Iv never understood this thing of NGK are better than Champions but Champions better than Denso
etc etc.

Briggs use champion, Honda Denso or NGK, Kohler use Champions, Kawasaki use NGK and Tecumseh use Champion and NGK.

Imo a plugs a plug just different heat range and lengths etc.

If its a Kohler engine as the op bought from Kohler the RC12YC will be the correct plug.

Torch is I believe a Sears thing. I think you'll find they use them in the Craftsmen Model engines from Briggs and Stratton. That's the reason I picked the site I gave him, it's the Sears Site. According to them the only cross for that particular plug are the ones I gave earlier.

Possible spark plugs for torch F6RTC:

If I were him I'd make a trip to the nearest Auto Zone and buy the NGK, He'll have the right plug for the motor and he won't have any problems.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Use an RC12YC and you will have no problem. Kohler has been running that plug for years. This is not the first time I've seen Sears switch out plugs which make no sense to the mechanic or customer.

harryset

Threads
The R12yc is what's in my Kohler, now, but it's not the same as the one that came originally. It seems that no matter what engine I change original plugs in, I find out that that particular plug has been superceded by a new one. I've gotten to where I buy them in quantity so that I don't have to stare at the shelves of plugs like a complete idiot.