Spark Plug Change HRR216VKA

Richr106

Forum Newbie
Hi, everybody...I'm changing the oil and spark plug for the first time. The oil change went fine...I'm having trouble though, getting the old plug out. I've got the 13/16 spark plug wrench, but I don't want to force it. I do not have a ratchet or extension tool for leverage. It's pretty stubborn. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
 
Last edited:
Never a response ?
This is one of the easier tasks, but if you have never done this in the past ......
Take a course in physics .. this does help .. in general , if one wants to be a full-pledged DIY.
Use quality tools (special socket with a internal hard rubber cushion).
Use shock/vibrations and a lubricant on the plug threads (messy and difficult, but doing this with the old VW air cooled engines is nigh impossible).DO use an anti-seize and retap/clean the threads . and over-tighten NOT ! About 15 to 20 ft lbs .
 
Back
Top