Sometimes letting go is best - pricing on a Toro Super Recycler with Kohler engine

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
  • / Sometimes letting go is best - pricing on a Toro Super Recycler with Kohler engine
I bought a brand new Toro Super Recycler with Kohler engine two years ago and used it one year. I kept it clean, changed the oil, greased the drive, etc. Unfortunately, I've had to move into an apartment (ex-wife issues). The mower has sat in storage since last spring, I dumped out the gas tank and ran it until it stalled and fogged the engine. It looks like I'll be in the apartment another year or two until I get my affairs and finances back in order.

What is a reasonable price to ask and what is a fair price to actually take for this mower. It seems a waste to leave it set in a storage unit when someone could be enjoying the easy starting and personal pace drive system.:smile:

Thank you.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Sometimes letting go is best - pricing on a Toro Super Recycler with Kohler engine
I bought a brand new Toro Super Recycler with Kohler engine two years ago and used it one year. I kept it clean, changed the oil, greased the drive, etc. Unfortunately, I've had to move into an apartment (ex-wife issues). The mower has sat in storage since last spring, I dumped out the gas tank and ran it until it stalled and fogged the engine. It looks like I'll be in the apartment another year or two until I get my affairs and finances back in order.

What is a reasonable price to ask and what is a fair price to actually take for this mower. It seems a waste to leave it set in a storage unit when someone could be enjoying the easy starting and personal pace drive system.:smile:

Thank you.

With just that much use and the fact you've done any maintenance at all, if it were me I'd take the receipt for what I paid for it and knock 10% off the total price(saving a potential buyer a little more than sales tax on a a lightly used machine) and see if you get any takers. At most I wouldn't accept less than 85% of what I paid if someone counter-offers. Another user may have more "experience" with buying selling a mower like yours but that's what I'd do.