Something digging holes around my foundation. HELP !

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
At least it was like the snake that went up my pants leg last year. Boy I came out those pants quickly. Good thing I underwear on and the no one was at the shop.

And I have stripped in public once when a swarm of bumble bees got in my clothes going down the road. The neighbor was laughing her head off at the strip show.

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least it was like the snake that went up my pants leg last year. Boy I came out those pants quickly.
Reminds me of my 1st encounter with Fla Fire ants. My pants flew off as well.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possiblity here

View attachment 63045
Thank You, will study this. my grass is 4 inches tall, & neighbors is dormant @ 1" & I see the holes don't go far into his yard..

Holes about 8 inches deep is another similarity.. Thanks for the link & info. Still nothing new dug up.

Threads
I think you have chipmunks. They can dig down 10 feet in the front yard, dig underneath your house and come up in the backyard. They are harmless but can be a nuisance. They dig up in mulch areas and mess up the mulch. The fox and snakes like to eat them.

Glades Cat

Threads
Do you have any of the invasive lizards? We have them here in S FL. The ones with the colorful bodies and orange heads. I had the same type of small holes under a slab is the back yard and saw them digging and going in. I have since acquired a couple of stray cats that hang around the house at night...and the invasive lizards have disappeared. I see them on the camera hunting at night. No more mice either. I never feed these cats, so they stay hungry and have to hunt for food.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you have chipmunks. They can dig down 10 feet in the front yard, dig underneath your house and come up in the backyard. They are harmless but can be a nuisance. They dig up in mulch areas and mess up the mulch. The fox and snakes like to eat them.
Have never saw one in almost 20 years. Have had issues in past with moles & voles..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have any of the invasive lizards? We have them here in S FL. The ones with the colorful bodies and orange heads. I had the same type of small holes under a slab is the back yard and saw them digging and going in. I have since acquired a couple of stray cats that hang around the house at night...and the invasive lizards have disappeared. I see them on the camera hunting at night. No more mice either. I never feed these cats, so they stay hungry and have to hunt for food.

Yes see some small lizards on occasion.. But these look more like salamanders.