So what is happening with Simplicity

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I keep seeing people posting that Simplicity was "formally" owned by Briggs & Stratton
However to date I have seen no mention that it has been spun off or sold & according to both the B & S and Simplicity web pages, Simplicity is still part of the new B & S company
Is there something going on that has not filtered down to the bottom of the planet or has some twit started a rhumour

gotomow

Threads
I keep seeing people posting that Simplicity was "formally" owned by Briggs & Stratton
However to date I have seen no mention that it has been spun off or sold & according to both the B & S and Simplicity web pages, Simplicity is still part of the new B & S company
Is there something going on that has not filtered down to the bottom of the planet or has some twit started a rhumour
Simplicity, Snapper, Ferris, Billy Goat, etc are still Briggs and Stratton brands

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Since Briggs filed for bankruptcy protection, they are looking to get rid of some brands, but I don’t think Smplicity is one of them. I have heard that Murray and Snapper are two that are on the block.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Before the bankruptcy Briggs was planning on shedding everything but the engine and generator market. As far as Murray and Snapper both of those are being make by Chinese companies or MTD or at least part of the product lines so they might as well get rid of them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes that is what I had heard
However if B & S was to dump all of the whole goods then they would vanish overnight as there would be no demand for any of their engines
Bottom end would go 100% to cheap imported engines & top end would go for Kawasaki or Kohlers .

loneryder

Threads
The investors who bought B@S are going to sell off the parts for as much as they can. The different areas and divisions are worth more than B&S was.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going to be funny. All those guys buying 0-turns at 4-15 grand each with Harbor Freight Predator engines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Going to be funny. All those guys buying 0-turns at 4-15 grand each with Harbor Freight Predator engines.
Especially they go to get them repaired and find the Chinese that built them shortly after they a thousand engines.

Any way I am reducing my Briggs inventory now. I haven't place an order for Briggs parts since April; just depleting my inventory.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Plenty of engine makers in China that will happily put whatever name you want on your engines if you buy enough.
Toro was the first maker to fit a Chinese engine and was the "test case" ,
Once the market was convinced that Loncin could provide reasonable quality engines then MTD & Husqvarna switched as well.
Mower makers will just get a design & marketing consulting company to design a new vanity cover and find a name from the past that will be familiar.