So how often do you pick up a mower for free?

MowManWV

Threads
At the moment, I have 4 push mowers I got for nothing.

1). MTD Yard Machines 22-inch cut. "Little Blacky" given to me by someone that never took care of anything they owned. I make about $500.00 a summer or more mowing with
her.
2). MTD with bag...21-inch cut. Given by now-deceased aunt. Uses a lot of oil. Used when higher-end customer has mulch beds.
3). Murray, 21-inch cut that was abandoned. Just left outside in weeds as high as your waist. Just now completed an oil change, new air filter, and will put on a new blade
tomorrow. She runs, just put in all new non-ethanol gasoline and she runs fine. Slack in pull starter, I'll fix that later. Plan to mow with her Thursday.
4). Second Murray, .20" cut.....left under a house for at least 10 years. I haven't started cleaning her up yet.

So, how often does someone give you a mower for nothing?

Do you make money with those?

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get offered trashed old riders all the time. No thanks. Everybody wants a cheap push mower for doing trimming. Like scub said. Folks think they are made of gold.

olgeezershonda

Threads
No one offers me free mowers nor do I want one. I have enough gold in the shed thank you.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get free mowers quite often. Riders they don't want to put the money in to fix it up. Once in a while I will buy them but don't put much into them. Will fix them up good to go only had one back. Ign module went out on
SV740 Kohler had to replace both modules in a kit. I will take most any they won't to give me. Got for free a Dixie Chopper Classic 3360 needs an engine. I will find one it time and will get around $4,000.00 for it.