Snapper ZTR won't start

drtuggle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper ZT20500 that I bought last year. I have been doing maintenance and getting little issues worked out and finally 2 weeks ago finished it. It was running perfect. I mowed about an acre and pulled it back into the garage and went to use it last night and it won't turn over. I thought it was the battery, but it is charged. I am thinking maybe a kill switch isn't working. I moved the brake and drive handles several times, but nothing. The hour meter is coming on, but no sounds or turning over when I turn the key. Any direction you can help me with will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello John..
WELCOME to LMF...
This sounds like the most common of starter problems...
1. Bad connections at Either end of the battery cables.... remove and clean well at the battery, and the negative end at the frame or engine...

2. also high in problems.. the safety switches lock out switches... check the neutral safety switches And the PTO switch (must be in OFF position) ....

If your battery is up like you say, the problem will be one of the two above.... :smile:KennyV

JtownJoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had similiar problem & it turned out to be the seat safety switch was killing the ignition. hot wired it for one mow & put a new on & all is well.