Repairs Snapper RT8S

79fordblake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. My neighbor had a Snapper RT8S tiller setting under a tree and said it hadn't ran for years. Since the early 90's he said. I asked if I could have it and he said yes. I replaced air filter, fuel line, plug, oil, and installed fuel shut off valve. I also sanded and painted the rims and installed new tubes and tires.

I used it for a while and it works great but I want to fix it up more. I have some things already saved up like the axle boots. I have it almost completely apart now and am slowly getting parts together.

Sorry for being so long winded here is my question....the owner ran one hub loose and it wore the hole in the axle...other side is fine. This axle is no longer available what can I do to fix it when putting it back together? I don't want it to have any slop and wear more. Thanks for any help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you could post some model numbers and part number it would help us help you. Some of us need visual stimulus to get our brains going. Snapper didn't build all their subassemblies and maybe another manufacturer still has parts.

79fordblake

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you could post some model numbers and part number it would help us help you. Some of us need visual stimulus to get our brains going. Snapper didn't build all their subassemblies and maybe another manufacturer still has parts.

Serial # is 44351875
Model # R8001s
The part I would like to replace is part number 7047891.
Here it is after bringing it home getting it running and washing it off.
Photo1223.jpg

Here I have the wheels painted and new tubes and tires installed...also bought new Snapper center caps for it.
Photo1233.jpg

I have it almost completely apart now and am getting the engine painted up.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just went through the breakdown for snapper R8001S and I cannot find the part number you posted. Please tell me exactly which axle you are talking about and where it is located.

79fordblake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just went through the breakdown for snapper R8001S and I cannot find the part number you posted. Please tell me exactly which axle you are talking about and where it is located.

Must have overlooked it...I have the parts manual from Snapper printed out. 7047891 is the number and its the axle the wheels are attached to.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't know what to tell you, but when I look up a Snapper R8001S tiller, I do not come up with the part number you gave us. The part number I get for the axle shaft is #7021968. Don't know what to tell you. Sorry I couldn't help you more, I don't know why I can't find your number.