Snapper RER problem! Help please

incognito123

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Snapper RER less than a year ago and when I pulled it out yesterday to mow for the first time this season, I noticed a problem. The mower starts up fine, but when I put it into gear, it will not go. It will start to go if I use my foot to build momentum, but will only do that a few times before refusing to go at all. Reverse doesn't work either. This mower has less than 5 hours on it. Any help will be appreciated. It is still under warranty, but I am two hours from the nearest Snapper dealer and would like to aviod that trip if at all possible. Thank you

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the belt(s) and then the drive disc adjustment because a loose or improperly set drive disc may cause drive problems.
DRIVE DISC ADJUSTMENT
A. The smooth surface of the drive disc must be set 3-3/4" to 3-3/16" from the underside of the main case to make proper contact with the driven disc.
B. To adjust, loosen the two setscrews securing the drive disc to the engine crankshaft and move disc up or down to correct setting.

Attachments

• scan0006-2.jpg
    scan0006-2.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 22

scott47429

Threads
if its under warranty i dont think i would mess with it call the dealer you may void the warranty

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The warranty does no apply to parts that have been damaged by accident, alteration, abuse, improper lubrication, normal wear (things such as belts, blades, driven disc or any other normal wear item). does it not.?

To me this would be a normal adjustment.

At the end of the day, its up to the said owner, I am giving a little help here, that's all.