Snapper RE200: Seal Foam P/N 1709055SM?

snapper re200

Threads
Mower: 2007 Snapper RE200
Part: Seal Foam P/N 1709055SM "1.5 X 2.62"
Problem:
Seal foam (approx 1.5" H X 21" L -see photo) is held by adhesive to form a "C" shape on top of motor.
Location of seal foam shown in photo: residual adhesive forms a backward "C".
Seal foam adhesive failed, and foam needs to be replaced.
lawnmowerpros.com was the only online store stocking this part ($9+$7 shipping) -discontinued/unavailable elsewhere.
2 Q's:
  • Is it important to replace this foam, and why?
  • lawnmowerpros: any experience with them -reputable/recommended?
Thanks for your time!
Snap

Attachments

• Z SNAPPER.jpg
    Z SNAPPER.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Z1 SNAPPER.jpg
    Z1 SNAPPER.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 7

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've ordered a few things from "lawnmower pros" that were NLA elsewhere. Only for a few days later have the order canceled because the part is not available.

snapper re200

Threads
I've ordered a few things from "lawnmower pros" that were NLA elsewhere. Only for a few days later have the order canceled because the part is not available.
Thanks Scrubcadet10-
Your experience proves concern valid that this part may not be actually be in stock at lawnmowerpros.
-Making my other Q more important, regarding importance of replacing this foam.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do you think you might can use another adhesive? Gorilla glue/super glue? heck even their double sided tape is tough stuff.
is the foam coming apart, or did you just mean the adhesive failed?

snapper re200

Threads
Adhesive not the problem-
Foam is mangled -no way it can be reinstalled to perform as intended.
Needs to be original dimensions, particularly ht, to seal when the seat is lowered.

Interested to hear any perspective on the importance of replacing this foam seal.

snapper re200

Threads
Called (5) Snapper dealers, and Snapper's 800 number. One dealer checked national warehouses -none stock this part, and said it's not available since 2015. Call to Snapper was disappointing: was told dealers are supposed to help. Responded that (5) dealers could not help. Response from Snapper: "My supervisor says you may have to replace the unit" ie: the mower. That's ridiculous.
Spent awhile googling 1.5" thick adhesive-backed foam -no luck. Adhesive-backed weatherization/AC foam doesn't come that thick.
Unless someone has more insight, assume this foam simply optimizes cooling air flow to the flywheel fan. It doesn't appear intended to prevent debris that's caught by the fan screen regardless.
Mower is rarely run above 80-85degF, therefore assume optimized cooling less concern than at the much hotter temps in the South.
Unless hear from anyone with more insight, plan to run as-is while monitoring for debris that would impact cooling.