Snapper NXT22875EE Electric Start Conversion

davekk_fishing_fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Looking for some help here....

I have a Snapper NXT22875EE Model #7800752 that has a battery starter. I use this mower at a lake house and I do not have the ability to limit charging so it often will not start when I need it. Once it does starts tho, it runs great. I have replaced the charger and battery twice as it often gets over charged and the battery will not hold it. The past few times I hit the breather with some starting fluid just so it will kick on the first spark. In a pinch last week I wrapped a rope around the top and pull started it. The engine probably only has about 20 hours on it but it is several years old.

I would like to convert this to a pull start and not use the battery start any longer.

Does anyone know if it is cost effective to convert this or should I just test the system and keep buying batteries and chargers?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move this thread over to our Snapper section. You should find some good advice over there.

upupandaway

Threads
I do not have the ability to limit charging so it often will not start when I need it

I got an outlet timer off the internet. I can set the timer to turn off the outlet in 10min increments then after 1 hour, hour increments to 12hrs etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Running off a flat battery will cook the alternator stator eventually .
I see it regularly
So for want of replacing a $ 100 battery they end up having to replace the battery + stator ( $ 75 to $ 250 ) + some times the flywheel as well .
Did a Kohler twin last month Total parts $ 792 , ( battery, flywheel. stator & rectifier ) plus $ 210 for my time .

sheenist

Threads
Davekk: I would recommend that you get a battery "maintainer", not a trickle charger. The trickle charger will "cook" your battery, as it is pushing usually 13 to 15 volts. The maintainer only keeps it at 12 volts. Also, don't use the maintainer to charge a low battery. Good luck.
Sheenist