Snapper Hi-Vac Commercial with 5hp WI 185v?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Man that's nice. I need (want) another one of those.

bt3

Threads
OP;

I've owned one since the mid 80's (bought brand new). Only recently have I started to have issues. Gas in the Oil. But for 30 years that mower ran like a top.

The Thatcherizer is a nice attachment, but you will need the self propel working. These mowers are heavy and with the Thatcherizer, it's very very hard to push by hand. I lost a critical part from my drive mechanism and have not replaced it (if I can find it). So mine is push only and thus, no Thatcherizer.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase and enjoy. I seem to recall I paid $689 for that mower back in the 80's. I bought an extra chute, extra bag, High lift kit for the Snapper blade and mulching plug for the chute. ( I eliminated the high lift kit when I went with a Ninja blade) and that all ran another $300 if I recall correctly. So damn near a grand for that mower with the attachments. And you got it for 30 bucks? You got one hellava deal!

PS, the "High Lift Kit" was simply two bolt on "wings" for the standard Snapper blade. I still have that blade. It does add some nice vacuum effect when you really need to groom the yard.

rattle

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member here:

Just picked up a Snapper Hi-Vac Commercial with the same WI-185V on it. Complete and in wonderful shape. I did replace the coil, but found that I may not have needed to do that after all. I was not getting any noticeable spark. I put the new one on and had the same issue: however once I put in a new plug and pulled the starter about 10 times it fired right up and I have not had another issue with it yet. I gave 40.00 for the mower. It came with the ABS plastic grass catcher.

I'm excited about it. Great CL find!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Cool deal rattle...any pics?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Well I finally found what I've been looking for. A good-running original 21500PC. Drove a couple hours to get it. Deck was junk but engine was good so I transplanted it onto my comm deck that was minus an engine. This minor project all worked out.

image-1646476549.jpg

image-1739681827.jpg

image-3141652290.jpg

Myamada1230

Threads
Where are you located? I live in the Spokane, WA area. I had this exact mower a couple years ago I sold and regretted it. It had the Wisconsin Robin 185 engine on it and the optional pac-n-sac grass catcher, which didn't really hold that much more grass than the standard sack.

New member here: Just picked up a Snapper Hi-Vac Commercial with the same WI-185V on it. Complete and in wonderful shape. I did replace the coil, but found that I may not have needed to do that after all. I was not getting any noticeable spark. I put the new one on and had the same issue: however once I put in a new plug and pulled the starter about 10 times it fired right up and I have not had another issue with it yet. I gave 40.00 for the mower. It came with the ABS plastic grass catcher. I'm excited about it. Great CL find!

Sent from my iPhone using LMF