• Snapper 33

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Cadet CC30H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

New Wave Goodbye

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I’m really leaning towards a rear engine mower and these two are at the top of my list, but I’m not well versed on build quality, reliability, etc. It looks like the CC is listed at Home Depot for $1499. The Snappers that I found online go for about $2500. Are they worth the added cost? The local hardware store that’s an authorized dealer says he’ll be stocking the Snapper by mid to end of March.
Side question: are the prices on mowers non-negotiable? I have cash on hand but always feel very uncomfortable about insulting a business by asking for a discount.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look on Facebook Marketplace or Craig's List for an OLDER Snapper RER. They are built like tanks. Sure you might have to spend some money freshening up the ol' girl. Cheaper than all these new disposable mowers being made today. Think the new Snapper's are built back on the old recipe think I've read. Ask around more. Somebody on here can tell us more.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would steer clear from those Cub Cadet machines. They are NOT what they used to be either. New models are, well, I wouldn't buy one.

slomo

New Wave Goodbye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would steer clear from those Cub Cadet machines. They are NOT what they used to be either. New models are, well, I wouldn't buy one.

slomo
Thanks for the input- out of curiosity: the snapper Classic looks like it’s close
To the same price as a Cub XT2 with a 42” fabricated deck and Yamaha engine…still avoid CC or does this next level of mower alleviate concerns?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the input- out of curiosity: the snapper Classic looks like it’s close
To the same price as a Cub XT2 with a 42” fabricated deck and Yamaha engine…still avoid CC or does this next level of mower alleviate concerns?
I would stick with an older Snapper product. They are not the newest mower on the market so people avoid them I think. I don't know about the new CC mowers at all. Just know they don't offer anything better than my Snapper offers. Maybe others will chime in here.

slomo

dleebrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I’m really leaning towards a rear engine mower and these two are at the top of my list, but I’m not well versed on build quality, reliability, etc. It looks like the CC is listed at Home Depot for $1499. The Snappers that I found online go for about $2500. Are they worth the added cost? The local hardware store that’s an authorized dealer says he’ll be stocking the Snapper by mid to end of March.
Side question: are the prices on mowers non-negotiable? I have cash on hand but always feel very uncomfortable about insulting a business by asking for a discount.
I bought a CC30H last fall at the advertised price...doesn't seem like there are any bargains out there for new models. Mower did a good job for me last fall, and cranked right up this spring and is going strong. The CC30H is pretty maneuverable and I like the hydrostatic drive. It has the power to up pretty decent slopes, but I'd be careful about going around or across a slope. 30" doesn't give the mover a very wide wheelbase and it can get a little sketchy if you're not going pretty much directly up or down a slope. The other thing is oil changes. CC did a really poor job of making oil changes easy and clean, so just go ahead and get a Drainzit flexible extender tube and that'll make things go a lot better. Drainzit part no 1438 is what you need.
Overall, I really like the mower, and expect to be using it for quite a few years.