snapper big six transmission leaking

beefheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello new to the forum, my snapper big six is a great mower, my transmission is leaking, are they rebildable ? thanks for your help, the part number is 7059070, the new part number is 7053943.

phjbbu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you use Snapper OO grease in there? Hope so. Hope you didn't use gear oil or else I can understand why it's leaking.

beefheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you use Snapper OO grease in there? Hope so. Hope you didn't use gear oil or else I can understand why it's leaking.

I did use gear oil, boy education is sure expensive! , I think I found the seal on a parts site, any more help- advice would be great thanks.

phjbbu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did use gear oil, boy education is sure expensive! , I think I found the seal on a parts site, any more help- advice would be great thanks.

One suggestion might be to drain the gear oil (take off the circular plastic filler port cover and tip the mower over). Then, after a day or two, tip it back on 4 wheels and put "00" grease in and see if it leaks. If not, you're set without messing with the seals. I got my grease on eBay and it was a Stenz brand. My own Snapper walk behind mowers (two of them) are happy with it.

beefheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
One suggestion might be to drain the gear oil (take off the circular plastic filler port cover and tip the mower over). Then, after a day or two, tip it back on 4 wheels and put "00" grease in and see if it leaks. If not, you're set without messing with the seals. I got my grease on eBay and it was a Stenz brand. My own Snapper walk behind mowers (two of them) are happy with it.

I will try it, thank you so much for your help.