snapper addiction

Alanky

Threads
I'm new here, thought I would share my little collection with you guys. Nothin.g pretty, but I love these things! One of these days I would like to have a little of everything from the snapper line up, but I don't see a lot of it for sale around here. All my friends think I'm crazy. The zero turn gathers dust, and I cut my 4 acres with a snapper most of the time. It takes three times as long, but I enjoy it for some reason!

Here's the 3 I use. Just got the 41 inch mower. A father had given it to his son when it quit on him. The kid completely die-assembled it. Took awhile to get it together and my parts mowers are just about used up now, but I love it! I can not keep air in the front tires though.

IMAG0249.jpg

Shed out back. Some projects when find the the time.

IMG0247.jpg

Parts mowers

IMAG0248.jpg

The one that started it all, my dads old mower. Anybody know where I can find some of these solid front tires? The 41 needs a set!

IMAG0250.jpg

Trim mower

IMAG0242.jpg

Last edited:

Alanky

Threads
Second pictures not wanting to cooperate!

IMAG0247.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
wow i have the same addiction only its with old snapper self-propelled mowers. 1980-1989. those RERs look to be in really good condition. if i could only buy every old snapper sp i see on craigslist and stick them in my garage i would. nice collection.

jwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nice collection. I just acquired my first Snapper rear engine riding mower. I never paid much attention to these before. But now I keep my eyes open for them. I have a model 3011X5S. The guy that had it before me had really jerry rigged a lot of things on it. Mostly with the engine. It has a B&S 12.5 HP model 286707 4029 01. I just replaced the coil and now I have spark. Got it started once, but can't seem to get it started again. I am trying to find a wiring diagram to make sure it is correct. I would like to get it running before the grass gets to high. I'll keep trying.

SnapperLady

Threads
I have recently found a place in Virginia that seems to have a great selection of mower tires in a variety of sizes.

I also have been looking for a front tire and the Snappers seem to have ones a bit smaller than the more standard 11x4x5.00.

Mine (RE1433) are 11x4x4.00. Seems like this size would work on your older t-bar, especially if you're replacing both.

The place is called Griggs Lawn % Tractor. Their phone # is 757-304-9549. They also have a store on eBay and are rated as a top seller.

They also specialize in after market parts on many brands of tractors, mowers and other power equipment. Large selection. Shipping prices seem very reasonable to me.

rkje615

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a good deal on a Snapper RER this weekend. I've been wanting one for a long time and was getting ready to buy a new one when I saw an ad on Craigslist for a 30" model M301021BE for $450. No idea what year it is, but went and looked at it, ran and cut well, I offered $300 and he accepted. Took it home and mowed my grass with no problem. I ordered a new mulching blade and put a new battery on it as the old one was dead (has a pull start, but I'm lazy). It's in great condition, looks to have been kept inside for it's life, which I will do as well. Best $300 I've ever spent!