Snapper 33" Yard Cruiser Moving Blues

bartles

Threads
I just acquired a Model YZ13331 BE "Yard Cruiser" , S/N 85570198.

Previous owner said it tries to move when the joystick is moved but all you get is
"a hydraulic sound like it's trying to move". (Hows that for a description?) I see is has Eaton X778-01 drives.

Would appreciate hearing from the forum about what might be the issues? Troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks in advance,

bartles

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just acquired a Model YZ13331 BE "Yard Cruiser" , S/N 85570198.

Previous owner said it tries to move when the joystick is moved but all you get is
"a hydraulic sound like it's trying to move". (Hows that for a description?) I see is has Eaton X778-01 drives.

Would appreciate hearing from the forum about what might be the issues? Troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks in advance,

bartles
The first question I would try to answer is if you release the hydro bypass levers and release the parking brake can the mower be pushed. If it won't push then the parking brakes are stuck and would cause the hydro try to move sound without moving. If you can push it then most likely the hydro's have failed. But could also be a belt drive issue with the hydros. Chances of both hydro units failing at the same time are rare.

bartles

Threads
Yep, brakes are not stuck. The mower will push with the bypass valves engaged. With the bypass valves engaged it is difficult to push. Maybe there is hope the hydraulics are ok.

Thanks for your input.

bartles

Threads
Yep, brakes are not stuck. The mower will push with the bypass valves engaged. With the bypass valves engaged it is difficult to push. Maybe there is hope the hydraulics are ok.

Thanks for your input.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My test for hydros is rolling them off my trailer with engine off , brakes off drives engaged .
If they do not roll by themselves they are good .
If they move when pushed but stop the instant you stop pushing they are excellent
If it rockets away & races across the yard they are stuffed .
Both hydros on a ZTR never fail together so you have a problem with the drive belt or tensioning pulley .

bartles

Threads
Sorry for not finishing this story. I got the engine running and confirmed both the drive units are in good shape. The keyways on both units are a little worn but the mower runs good. I decided not to restore the mower...the deck is not in good shape, and the electric clutch bearings all need to be replaced. Since the drive units are no longer serviceable and are obsolete I don't want to offer the mower for resale.

Appreciate the advice!! If you know anyone that needs a couple of drives I've listed them in E-Bay.

bartles